Wednesday, March 9, 2011

chilli day

I accidentally bought a green papaya fruit. I was sure I was buying a sweet papaya, whose flesh is red and kids love it (that is what the wise book states). My kids, well one of them for sure, don't eat at all, so I wanted to give it a go. So, when I cut it open it looked like this. As the problem is your solution, I came up with this not very child friendly recipe:

Thai Papaya Salad
1 shredded green papaya
1 clove of garlic 
1 green chilli
2 tbs tamari sauce
1 tbs dark sugar
1large chopped tomato

Crush garlic and chilli.
Add sugar and soy sauce. Add papaya and tomato. Grind well. The final result is absolutely delicious food that we devour with bread and ripe camembert. Although it doesn't look too appetizing, believe me it is.

I never appreciated too very spicy food, I never used chilli in my cooking too eagerly, but this is a masterpiece and a turn-around point for my taste buds. Make sure though your kids don't come near it. Go on try it, you can find the full recipe here.

1 comment: