Tuesday, October 16, 2012

naya and the nuts

Thanks to my lovely friend I challenged myself and bought some washable menstruation pads. The idea is so gross for most people that it puts them off in an instant. I am also a bit skeptical or rather rational about the whole thing. But if the kids can wear cotton nappies I can too. At least I can try.

So I got my set at the Natura Food Fair on Sunday (you can buy yours here). 

They are made of organic cotton, all handmade in Poland. Apparently (for now) they look lovely, more like silk lavender scented eye pillows than something you put in between your legs. They come in three different sizes and you can adjust the thickness by removing or adding padding. You place them on your knickers, fold back the sides and snap them together. They sit rather securely and seem very soft.
As the instruction explains there is no way they can leak. 






























To go with it I couldn't help myself and bought some soap nuts. The box cost only 18PLN and lasts for up to 70 washes. You can also use them to wash your hair, the dishes or run a dishwasher. As I immediately tested them I can tell you that they work. Put 5-7 nuts in a sock, tie it in a knot, add 2-3 drops of your favourite essential oil, set your temperature, press the button and voila! You get it out clean and scented. How simple, how sustainable! Use your nuts again up to 4 times! 
I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment